April 24, 2013
2 cups of sugar
1 medium size wide mouth glass jar (you can buy these jars by the dozen from Walmart or hardware stores).
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of essential lemon oil (optional)
* Squeeze the lemon and zest it
* Add coconut oil and olive oil to the lemon juice.
* Slowly sugar to the lemon juice/oil mix.
* Add lemon zest to the sugar scrub and mix well. Then add the essential lemon oil if you prefer a stronger lemon scent.
*Scoop the sugar scrub into your glass jar.
* Decorate glass jar with ribbon and label for gift giving.
This lemon sugar body scrub smells amazing and works really well too. It is easy and cheap to make. Most importantly, they make great gifts for anyone on a budget :).