These books are not just book! They are books with heart. Each of the eight books in the series were written by women and school children from Afghanistan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Republic of Congo, and Nicaragua -- their stories are a call for increased awareness for an endangered species in their country. Working together with a number of not-for-profit partners that provide support to the women and children in these countries (like the Somaly Mam Foundation, Wildlife Conservation Society and Help the Afghan Children to name just a few) Dot-to-Dot Children's Books donates all proceeds from book sales to directly fund the organizations working to empower these woman and children and protect endangered species in the featured countries.
Books in the series include:
* Yara's Amazing Nose - Learn how a nose transforms an identity and a friendship for one of the most unique creatures in the animal kingdom - the lowland tapir!
* Carey's First Day - Follow Carey the hawksbill sea turtle as he navigates the hazardous journey from his nest to his future home in the open ocean.
* When Honey the Tiger Flew - Written by the courageous participants in the Somaly Mam Foundation's Voices for Change program, When Honey the Tiger Flew is the story of a young
tiger who, through determination and ingenuity, rescues his mother.
* The Snow Leopard Dream - Under blue skies dotted by clouds in a remote region, a young girl overcomes her fears and befriends a snow leopard.
* Ndeze and Ndakasi's New Home - Two orphan mountain gorillas learn the ways of the world as they find a new home.
* Sam Learns Some Lessons - Using the wisdom of elders, a herd of elephants cope with a water shortage.
* Shuba and the Cyclone - A river dolphin loses her way after a cyclone and a crocodile becomes an accidental hero.
* Kajo and Akari's New Friend - Seeking adventure, brother chimpanzees chase a butterfly through the forest.
DD really enjoys these books. She loves learning about the animals and the environment in which these animals are born into. At the end of each book, there are a few pages describing the cultural and the social background of the counties that these endangered species live in. I have found them to be particularly helpful in starting discussions with DD about preserving the beauty of Earth as well as protecting the animals on our planet.
This book series is perfect for animal lovers and to help raise awareness about endangered species. To buy the complete set, please visit Dot to Dot Children's Books.
Many thanks to Dot to Dot Children's Books. One of my lucky reader will receive the complete series as a giveaway prize. This giveaway ends on May 7th, 2012.
*You must follow Sugar Pop Ribbons through Google Friend Connect to be eligible to win this giveaway.
*You must also leave me a comment using the blogger comment form for this post to be eligible to win this giveaway.
Read the fine print:
* Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator.
* If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: sugarpopribbons at yahoo dot com -- so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner.
* Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to my email about getting the awesome giveaway prize to him/her. If the winner does not reply to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner using the True Random Number Generator.
* I do contact each winner via email. If anyone is curious about who the giveaway winner is for any of my giveaways, please go back to the original post of that giveaway. Once a winner is selected through random.org, I will post a screen shot of the number picked by random.org. You will be able to see which number has been selected and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can cross check who the giveaway winner is.
*I received a free product (or products) for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. My reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions. Other people's views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.
If you can not see the rafflecopter giveaway entry form, please click on "Read More" (see directly below) and the form should appear.
a Rafflecopter giveaway