Dentists estimate that 80% of us develop gum disease in our lifetimes, ranging from mild gingivitis to severe periodontitis. If left untreated, however, gum disease may progress to other oral health issues, including tooth loss (it’s the #1 reason for adult tooth loss!). Other studies and experts, including Dr. Oz, have also linked gum disease to heart disease, stroke, breast cancer and respiratory diseases, such as COPD.
While it can happen to anyone, the following raise the risk for developing gingivitis:
§ Poor dental hygiene
§ Pregnancy/puberty/menopause (hormonal changes increase the sensitivity of the gums)
§ Uncontrolled diabetes
§ Genetics/family history (30% of general population susceptible to gum disease)
Gingivitis is due to the long-term effects of plaque deposits, and it is often painless, so bleeding gums may be your only symptom until it has progressed further along (other symptoms are swollen/tender gums, receding gums, and/or persistent bad breath). Luckily, one of the early warning signs of the gum inflammation IS the bleeding you see when you brush or floss, so it is your body’s way of telling you something’s not right. If you have a family history of this issue or notice bleeding when you brush or floss, you should schedule a dental visit to evaluate your condition, as well as take steps at home by adding The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Anti-Gingivitis Rinse to your oral care regimen.
§ General illness
The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Mouth Rinse is clinically proven to:
- Reduce and prevent bleeding gums
- Protects against gingivitis
- Kill germs
- Reduces plaque
- Freshens breath
- Contains Aloe Vera gel as its active ingredient to help prevent bleeding gums
- Also contains other natural medicinal components such as Echinacea, goldenseal, calendula, and grapefruit seed extract that help calm gum inflammation
The Natural Dentist line is powered by nature, proven by science. The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Anti-Gingivitis Rinse DOES NOT contain alcohol or artificial ingredients, making it natural and healthy for your mouth. However, unlike other natural products, The Natural Dentist tests its products in controlled studies. Universities, oral care experts, periodontists, and dental hygienists continually evaluate the products, ingredients and effectiveness. The Natural Dentist products are not tested on animals; research is conducted with human volunteers and laboratory tests. View research studies, publications and abstracts at http://www.stopbleedingnaturally.com/clinicalstudies.php.
The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Rinse is available at all several major retailers nationwide including Walgreens, Rite Aid, Whole Foods and more for an average retail price of $7.49. To see a complete list of stores and the entire line of The Natural Dentist products, visit http://www.stopbleedingnaturally.com/.
Stay connected to The Natural Dentist on Facebook for healthy mouth info, product details and fun giveaways: www.facebook.com/thenaturaldentist
After trying the rinse for about a week, I thought that it works well. I like that there is no alcohol and nothing artificial. With some mouth rinses, I found that after I am done, I would have a weird taste in my mouth. This was not the case with the Natural Dentist Healthy Gums rinse. The peppermint twist favor always leaves my mouth tasting minty fresh.
Many thanks to the Natural Dentist. The company has generously offered 1 bottle of Healthy Gums rinse as a giveaway prize to one of my lucky readers. This giveaway ends on March 7th, 2012.
*You must follow Sugar Pop Ribbons through Google Friend Connect to be eligible to win this giveaway.
*You must also leave me a comment using the blogger comment form for this post to be eligible to win this giveaway.
Read the fine print:
* Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator.
* If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. For example: sugarpopribbons at yahoo dot com -- so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner.
* Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to my email about getting the awesome giveaway prize to him/her. If the winner does not reply to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner using the True Random Number Generator.
* I do contact each winner via email. If anyone is curious about who the giveaway winner is for any of my giveaways, please go back to the original post of that giveaway. Once a winner is selected through random.org, I will post a screen shot of the number picked by random.org. You will be able to see which number has been selected and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can cross check who the giveaway winner is.
*I received a free product (or products) for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. My reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions. Other people's views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.
If you can not see the rafflecopter giveaway entry form, please click on "Read More" (see directly below) and the form should appear.
a Rafflecopter giveaway