KUNG FU PANDA 2, DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s spectacular follow up to the Academy Award®-nominated original debuts on Blu-ray and DVD on Panda 2sday, December 13, 2011. Combining non-stop action, beautiful storytelling and stunning animation, the “winning sequel” (USA Today) delighted viewers of all ages with its engaging story that is both “hilarious and full of heart” (WABC-TV). The film earned more than $650 million at the global box office, making it one of the top five films of the year worldwide. In addition to the smash hit film, the KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Packs feature the exclusive debut of the all-new Po adventure Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters plus two free memberships to the popular online game universe Kung Fu Panda World. Packed with even more panda-rific bonus features, the KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Packs will be available with expected pricing as low as $25 on DVD and $30 on Blu-ray. Consumers who purchase this DreamWorks Animation signature entertainment experience on Panda 2sday will get both an awesome and affordable holiday gift – over $75 in value.
In the action-filled companion story Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters, Po and the Furious Five uncover the legend of three of kung fu’s greatest heroes: Master Thundering Rhino, Master Storming Ox and Master Croc. Kids can then follow in Po’s footsteps to become a kung fu master with Kung Fu Panda World, the virtual online game universe where kids create avatars, play games with their favorite characters, win points towards earning a kung fu black belt, chat with friends and more.
Featuring an all-star cast of voice talent including Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Gary Oldman, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross, Michelle Yeoh, Danny McBride and Jean-Claude Van Damme, KUNG FU PANDA 2 will also be available on a single-disc DVD and in the Kung Fu Panda Collection on either DVD or Blu-ray, which includes both movies, Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters, two free online game memberships to Kung Fu Panda World, and loads of additional fun.
- “Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”—See the debut of an episode of Nickelodeon’s brand new television series.
- Kickin’ It with the Cast—Meet the new faces who have joined Po’s journey including
Gary Oldman, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Victor Garber and Michelle Yeoh and catch up with the returning cast.
- Deleted Scenes—Check out three scenes with director Jennifer Yuh Nelson.
- Filmmakers’ Commentary—Director Jennifer Yuh Nelson, producer Melissa Cobb, production designer Raymond Zibach and supervising animator, kung fu choreographer and story artist Rodolphe Guenoden discuss the making of the film.
- World of DreamWorks Animation—Enjoy promos and more.
- Sneak Peek—A first look at DreamWorks Animation’s How To Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular.
Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters— Po’s all-new adventure.
Additional bonus features:
- Panda Stories—A look at the animals that inspired Kung Fu Panda and footage of Jack Black’s visit to the Atlanta Zoo to meet Po’s real-life namesake.
- Kung Fu Shuffle—Master Shifu teaches the best way to find a hidden radish in an update of the classic shell game.
- Ni Hao—Learn Chinese! Choose from more than 50 Kung Fu Panda-inspired words and learn how to say and draw the symbol in Chinese.
- Legend of the Wu Sisters Game—This exciting game features the three feline villains from Secrets of the Masters.
- Printables—Coloring pages, connect the dots, 3D fortune tellers, stand-up 3D characters, pencil toppers and mazes!
If you enjoy watching Kung Fu Panda, surely you will enjoy watching the second one as well. These are too many movies I can sit through with my kids every time they watch it, but this is definitely one of them. There is plenty of humors for both adults and kids. In this movie, you learn what happened to Panda's parents and his journey to defeat the one who destroyed his parents' home/village. With this Blu-ray, DVD combo, there are deleted scenes and film maker' commentaries you can check out. What I love about this combo is that it also comes with a digital copy. Since this is a movie that my kids want to watch over and over again, I was able to use the digital code to upload the movie onto my iPad. When we are stuck in line at the store or at the doctor's office and they need to be kept busy, I just play this movie for them and they always quiet down to watch it.
To buy this DVD, please check your local Best Buy store or any retail store where DreamWorks DVDs are sold.
*I received a free product (or products) for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. My reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions. Other people's views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.