SHAUN THE SHEEP™:
WE WISH EWE A MERRY CHRISTMAS
Arrives On DVD October 18, 2011
From Lionsgate And HIT Entertainment
Street Date: 10/18/11
DVD SRP: $14.98
Celebrate with Shaun the Sheep™ as he revels in his first holiday-themed DVD in Shaun the Sheep: We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas arriving on DVD October 18, 2011 from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. The sheep make sure The Farmer isn’t alone on Christmas, help to free him from his snowed-in house, take care of Bitzer, find him the perfect new hat and make merry in these seven hilarious episodes -- the perfect way to join Shaun and his barnyard buddies in ringing in some holiday “shear”!
Five minute shorts of the series currently air in the U.S. on the Disney Channel and the series ranks in the top five animated shorts on the network!
‘Tis the season to be woolly, with Shaun the Sheep and his farmyard friends. Frolic with the flock as they decorate the farmhouse for The Farmer, watch Bitzer and Pidsley battle for a spot by the fire, join a massive snowball fight and much more in these seven hilarious episodes from the Oscar®-winning creators of Wallace and Gromit™.
- We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas: Shaun discovers that The Farmer will be spending Christmas Day alone. The animals work through the night festooning the farmhouse with decorations so that The Farmer wakes up to the most magical Christmas that he has ever experienced.
- Snowed In: Shaun and his buddies awaken to find the farm covered in snow. But while the sheep enjoy themselves in a massive snowball fight, they are all unaware that The Farmer is snowed inside the farmhouse and trying desperately to escape.
- Fireside Favorite: Bitzer has caught a cold and The Farmer decides to tuck him up in the house to recover. In doing so, Pidsley the cat is ousted from his favorite spot next to the fire. The mean cat attempts various ways to remove the snotty dog while the sheep do their best to keep Bitzer where he needs to be.
- An Ill Wind: The Farmer receives a huge electricity bill and decides to build his own wind turbine to power the farmhouse. As soon as The Farmer’s back is turned, Shaun and the flock adapt the noisy new contraption into something much more fun – a ferris wheel. It’s not long before The Farmer blows his fuse.
- Bitzer’s New Hat: The Farmer gives Bitzer a horrible new hat. Bitzer is very upset, as he treasured his old hat. The flock rally round to try and cheer him up with a selection of dashing alternative head-gear. Meanwhile, Shaun heads off on an adventure to find out what The Farmer did with the old one.
- Chip Off The Old Block: The Farmer has taken up sculpting, but unintentionally drops a huge slab of stone on top of Timmy’s teddy. Shaun and the flock must struggle and strain to lift the heavy block and retrieve the precious toy.
- Shirley Whirley: In a bid to help move Shirley around the farm, Shaun has the idea of fitting up Shirley with wheels. Using a remote control, Shaun can now maneuver his large friend around easily – until The Farmer’s TV remote interferes with the signal, causing Shirley to run amuck.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
· Sheep Shearing Game
· Timmy Time™ Sneak Peek -Timmy’s Tune #1
Title Copyright: © 2011 Aardman Animation Limited. All rights reserved. Shaun the Sheep (word mark) and the character ‘Shaun the Sheep’ © and ™ Aardman Animations Limited.
Type: TV on DVD
Rating: Not Rated
Age Target: Fans of all ages from 2-60
Closed Captioned: English
Feature Running Time: 45 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Program Website: www.shaunthesheep.com
Shaun the Sheep: We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas is a great DVD for kids. Using Claymation, there are no dialogues in this DVD. All emotions are shown through actions, reactions and facial expressions. Because there are no dialogues, it is something that a 5 year old like DD can enjoy and even baby G was kept entertained by the episodes. Out of all of the episodes, DD's favorite was "We Wish Ewe a Merry Christmas." In this episode, the animals got together to help the farmer celebrate Christmas. They got a Christmas tree, made presents and had everything set up before the farmer woke up Christmas morning. After watching this episode, DD asked if we could get a real Christmas tree this year instead of using the fake one that we have been using the previous years. I think this might be the year that we do just that.
To buy this DVD, please visit HIT Entertainment website.
*I received a free product (or products) for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. My reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions. Other people's views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.