ON THE ROAD TO SUMMERTIME ADVENTURE WITH DINOSAUR TRAIN!
Did You Know That July Is National Recreation and Parks Month?
Summertime is here and what better way to spend the summer with family and friends than on an adventure to visit one of our national parks and/or recreation destinations. July is Park and Recreation Month in the U.S., and the theme for this year’s celebration is “Rock Your Park.” The National Park andRecreation Association wants you to show the country how parks and recreation make your life extraordinary! Whether it is visiting your local park, a playground, swimming pool, or taking a family trip to one of our national park treasures, celebrate our country’s love of the great outdoors this month! Visit the organization’s website to find out ways to get involved: http://www.nrpa.org/july
You can also turn your visit to the local park into a game by participating in the Dinosaur Train Geocache Challenge. Geocaching is a family friendly outdoor adventure that blends technology, gaming and environmental discovery. Each geocache features one of the dinosaurs found on the online Dinosaur Train Field Guide and contains educational information related to that dinosaur. So, perhaps pick your local park as a destination to hide your own Dinosaur Train container. To participate in the Dinosaur Train Geocache, visit http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/geocachingchallenge/
Buddy and his friends on the Dinosaur Train are always up for an adventure and exploring the world around them. Why not take them along on your adventure to the park or camping or on a family road trip with all-new fun and easy travel product for camping/outdoors, new games and fun to read books to pack on your adventure!
· New book from Reader’s Digest: Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley” (SRP: $9.99). Ages 2+.
· New Dinosaur Train product for camping adventures Pacific Playtents (available in October) includes: the Dinosaur Train Station House Tent (SRP: $89.90); Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Dome Tent ($59.90); Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Tunnel ($59.90). Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train soft sporting fun from Kelly Toy: Play All Ball (SRP: $1.99), Bat + Ball (SRP: $9.99), Golf (SRP: $14.99), Football (SRP: $6.99), Baseball Mitt set (SRP: $7.99) and more. Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train 3-Wheel Scooter in colorful buddy and friends graphics, from VM Global. SRP$24.99. Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train game from Patch Products: “Take “N” Play Anywhere™ Let’s Go for a Ride! Magnetic Playset. SRP: $14.99. Ages 3+
And, Buddy will also be spending time in the great outdoors in July. Tune in on July 4th to Dinosaur Train on PBS KIDS (check local listings) in the adventurous episode “Buddy the Tracker.” In the episode, Buddy and Don are “footprint detectives” as they track and find creatures they know at the Big Pond. The plot thickens when they discover fossilized tracks that are millions of years old!
Although the summer vacation comes to an end in August, fun with Dinosaur Train continues! Get ready for an all-new season of Dinosaur Train this August with “Dinosaur Big City” on PBS Kids premieres August 22 and the DVD release of Dinosaur Train: Dinosaur Big City on August 23 (SRP: $14.99).
Many thanks to the company for sending Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley" for DD to review. This book has more than 40 flips to lift and DD loves reading through the book with her daddy and lifting all of the flaps. Since DD is already a dinosaur lover, she loves watching the TV show. I am amazed by all of the different facts she learns about dinosaurs from the series. It is an educational show that's great for kids.
*I received a free product (or products) for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. My reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions. Other people's views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.