December 28, 2010
Since I got several inquires about the dish I made with for my Zojirushi $140 Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer Giveaway, I thought I would post my recipe here. This was a recipe created entirely by me. My family enjoys eating the meal and my daughter will basically eat whatever vegetables I use in the dish. It is easy and cheap to make, also fairly healthy too. You can adjust the recipe to what you have around the house, but the recipe below is how I make it for my family.
Ingredients: 2 chicken breasts, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups of frozen vegetables (whatever you have is fine -- usually I use frozen peas, carrots and corn), milk, dried basil, dried Italian seasoning.
* While my rice is cooking in the rice cooker, I cut the chicken breasts into bite sizes.
* Brown the chicken breasts in a well oiled pan. While your chicken is being cooked, warm up 2 cups of frozen vegetable in the microwave for 3 minutes.
* After browning the chicken for a few minutes, open & pour 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I sometimes use 1 can of cream of chicken soup instead). And then add 1 can size of milk (you can use whatever milk you have in the house-- I use 2% milk because that's what we have at home).
* Add vegetable to your chicken/soup stock in the pan. Bring to boil and then turn the heat down to medium low to simmer.
* Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning. Salt to taste and then serve over a bed of rice.
This recipe along with 3 cups of cooked rice is enough to my husband, myself and my daughter for dinner and then for my husband and my daughter to pack lunches the next day.
Labels: Home Cooking